HunTel is hiring! We’re looking for an individual interested in working in a team environment who understands that our customers are the most important part of our business.
Although specific knowledge of Mitel products is not required, the candidate will have experience in the communications / networking industry. The details of the job are posted below. If you are interested in discussing how you may join our team please send an email to email@example.com along with your resume and your availability.
JOB SUMMARY – Unified Communications Specialist
Install, administer, and repair Mitel communications solutions that include VoIP & Hybrid PBX’s, Mitel Application Suite (MAS), MiContact Center (MiCC), and other applications. Seamlessly network all components based on customer needs. Assist other departments as needed.
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot customer equipment to ensure proper functionality based on customer’s needs.
- Coordinate with other service providers (e.g. Cox, Century Link, WindStream, etc…) to assure proper functionality of all company-provided customer equipment and software.
- Work towards certification on all products & services offered by the company. Maintain certifications at current release.
- Coordinate tasks with other team members to assure delivery of quality customer service in a timely manner.
- Assist in the configuration and support of the corporate network and computer systems to ensure efficient operation of demo systems and corporate operations.
- Accurately prepare reports and other paperwork including time sheets, work orders & service tickets, and others as requested for customer support, internal record keeping, and billing purposes.
- Document and record technical problems and solutions as specified by departmental procedures.
- Maintain all assigned company property. This includes, but is not limited to company vehicle, tools, cell phone, computers, test equipment and project related inventory.
- Assists in other areas and positions as needed to assure all necessary work gets done.
- Keep work area clean. Work area includes all facilities and vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- VoIP/Hybrid PBX and voice mail installation & administration.
- Basic Networking (Routing, Switching, IP Addressing).
- ISDN/PRI, SIP, QoS, NAT, DNS, vLAN.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of one or more of the following Operating Systems:
- Microsoft OS (desktop/server)
- VMWare / HyperV
- Ability to use various network monitoring tools
- IP Scanners
- Experience operating various maintenance equipment such as multimeters, line test equipment, special circuit test equipment, and other hand and power tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certifications.
- Ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle multiple project/customers at one time.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel and work non-standard hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as necessary.
- Must respond to after hour call-outs, be on stand-by, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
Preferred – Certifications:
- Mitel, Linux, VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft
- Able to lift 50-100 lbs.
- Able to regularly climb & descend ladders.
- Able to work in standard office and office construction environments in addition to adverse conditions including extreme heat, cold or confined spaces.
- Able to travel overnight, work extended hours and more than a 40 hour week if necessary.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Able to safely & legally operate and/or ride in a vehicle.
- Able to operate technical equipment including, but not limited to cell phones and computers.
- Manual dexterity required to work with small wires.
- Maintain positive, non-threatening relationship with customers and coworkers in person and over the phone.
- Remain awake and alert during assigned work hours.